Home Employment Opportunities
HVAC COMMERCIAL SALES – Proven Performance Chillers
- Good Base Salary – Plus Excellent Commission
- Answering inbound customer inquiry calls. No cold calls.
- Some experience in the HVAC industry is required.
- A capacity to advise customers and close large ticket sales.
- Meeting with visiting customers.
Surplus Group is the leader in the evolving business segment of new and used surplus HVAC and industrial process cooling equipment.
Our facility is based in Dallas Texas, we sell throughout North America and worldwide.
We are the Big Box of the segment with North America’s largest inventories of used air-cooled chillers, water-cooled chillers, cooling towers, and related pumps.
And we are growing. We are doubling our facility from 40,000 sq. ft. to 80,000 sq. ft. to accommodate another expansion of our sales inventory.
From our start 8 years ago, we have been increasingly recognized as the go-to destination for good used chillers, so buyers tend to come to us first.
What differentiates us in the marketplace is our development of a premium level of used chiller, the Proven Performance Surplus Chiller. It is the product of our facility’s unique evaluation, correction, and live-test proving system.
The Proven Performance chiller brand has earned us an excellent reputation for an exceptional level of quality and trustworthiness. One confirmation being our growing number of repeat customers.
The Sales Opportunity
It is always an advantage to be a part of a growing company, it makes a lot of things possible, including a growing income and advancement.
But there are other advantages that may be important to you:
- Excellent compensation. A good base (commensurate with experience). Plus, a great commission.
- An inside job, no traveling required.
- Big-ticket sales with a short sales cycle.
- A strictly Monday 9 to 5 job, rare in HVAC sales.
- No cold calls required; customer calls are generated from our online inventory.
- Exceptionally good product with a unique selling proposition.
- Not a hard sell approach, you help customers match their needs to our inventory, and guide them through the purchase.
- The largest chiller inventory in the business, so more buying choices.
- A very clean and organized work environment.
- A good, professional team to work with.
- Service the incoming customer calls, plus follow-up.
- Provide the fullest information of product and inventory.
- Find the best solution for the client.
- Close sales successfully and honestly.
- Develop and maintain client and contact records.
- Maintain relationships with past customers.
- Work as a team, support other’s efforts.
- Good knowledge and experience in the HVAC industry, not necessarily as a salesperson.
- Bilingual is a big plus, but not a requirement.
We are looking for an HVAC Technician that has experience in servicing, troubleshooting, and repairing commercial and industrial chillers. All repair and testing of units to help make them ready for resale is done in our large clean air conditioned facility in Dallas. You may apply on LinkedIn.
- Help prepare our large inventory of used chillers, cooling towers, and HVAC equipment for resale.
- Must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair commercial / industrial chiller systems
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical and mechanical components of HVAC equipment
- The position will perform other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 – 10 years in the commercial and industrial HVAC industry
- Proficient in the service, diagnostics, and repair of centrifugal chillers, air cooled and water cooled screw, scroll and reciprocating chillers, packaged rooftop units, split condensing / AHU systems, pumps and cooling towers
- Full time – Monday to Friday
- More than competitive wages
- Great working conditions!
INDUSTRIAL MACHINERY DETAILER
Using a variety of cleaning equipment and products, with an eye for detail, cleanliness and inspection, this individual will perform a variety of tasks and techniques to restore the machinery/equipment to a salable state. At a minimum this will include cleaning, power washing, detailing, waxing and shining the exterior, paint restoration, minor repairs to exterior, and degreasing. Detailers usually work under supervision and are expected to work long hours with frequent standing and moving. They may be exposed to extreme heat or cold in warehouse conditions.
Shipping and receiving of machinery, cleaning, degreasing, power washing, and detailing of exteriors, including waxing, buffing, minor dent repairs, and paint restoration. Use of forklift, crane or other machinery to safely move machinery from one staging area to another. Floor cleaning and general cleaning of warehouse. All other duties as assigned on a daily basis.
- Wearing of safety equipment including safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and gloves is mandatory
- High school education
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Speak English
- No prior experience necessary however prior experience in auto or machinery detail is a plus
- Fork life experience is a plus
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Be on time every day that is a scheduled work day